HomePress|News & Press Releases|Headlines|Erasmus partnership renewed to promote responsible drinking among students

Press

Pernod Ricard provides journalists with all information needed to fully understand the Group and its strategy, along with resources and news about the Group and its brands.

Erasmus partnership renewed to promote responsible drinking among students

02/24/2014

Pernod Ricard renewed its partnership with ESN to promote responsible drinking among students and launched a dedicated smartphone application, “Responsible Party”.

ESN Erasmus

Pernod Ricard has renewed its partnership with Erasmus Student Network (ESN), a European student organization focusing on student education and mobility. Within this framework, in the past three years, Pernod Ricard has deployed an ambitious programme to raise awareness about responsible drinking among European students. The "Responsible Party" was born: a programme that seeks to turn students and party organisers into ambassadors for responsible drinking. Student parties organised with the programme earn the label "Responsible Party"—a party where people have fun while moderating their consumption.

The new agreement was signed in Brussels on December 11, 2013 by Mrs. Danièle Ricard, Pernod Ricard’s Chairwoman of the Board. The Pernod Ricard-ESN partnership was established in 2010. Since then, "Responsible Party" evenings have already been held in 30 EU countries, raising awareness in more than 113,000 students. This program also benefits from wide recognition by EU and national authorities.

Simultaneously, Pernod Ricard announced the launch of a new Smartphone application specifically designed to promote responsible drinking among students. The Android "Responsible Party" application is already available for download in 34 European countries, and the iPhone app will also be soon. It allows students to control their alcohol rate by means of a calculator, to learn more about alcohol legislation in their countries of residence, to be informed about the next responsible evenings to be held, or to find a taxi hotline.

Tags related to the news: 4 commitments Responsible consumption Sharing of cultures

PreviousNextReturn to the news