5 strategic drivers
Pernod Ricard’s growth model is based on five strategic drivers: a portfolio of international Premium brands, two strategic focuses (Premiumisation and innovation), a decentralized organisation, a strong corporate culture, and a historical commitment to ethics, people and the environment.
1. THE "TOP 14" A COMPREHENSIVE PORTFOLIO Of INTERNATIONAL Premium BRANDS driving the group's growth
Since its beginning, and particularly over the last ten years of rapid acquisitions, Pernod Ricard has built a unique portfolio of Premium brands on an international scale.
This portfolio covers all Wine and Spirits categories and is now illustrated by “The House of Brands” concept.
- the ‘Top 14’, which includes 14 strategic spirits and champagne brands
- the Wine segment, with its 5 priority Premium wine brands
- 18 key local brands
The Top 14 is made up of:
- 2 global icons: ABSOLUT Vodka and Chivas Regal Scotch whisky
- 7 strategic Premium brands: Ricard pastis, Ballantine’s whisky, Jameson Irish whiskey, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, and Malibu and Kahlúa liqueurs
- 5 strategic Prestige brands: Martell cognac, The Glenlivet and Royal Salute whiskies, and Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes
2. PREMIUMISATION AND INNOVATION: TWO key FOCUSES to accelerate VALUE CREATION
Pernod Ricard's strategy is built on creating value through a systematic policy of upscaling its brands, called “Premiumisation”. This value strategy is part of a long-term vision based on strong and on-going investment in support of the Group’s brands. In 2012/2013, Premium brands represented 75% of net sales.
Pernod Ricard focuses on innovation as a driver of growth, and has one of the largest marketing budgets in the industry. In 2013/2014, the ratio of advertising and promotional expenditures amounted to 18.9% of net sales. Innovation is a priority in supporting the brands, but it also applies to all areas of the business: Sales, Human Resources, Production, Legal, Finance and Communications.
3. DECENTRALISation : A unique organisation to capture all growth opportunities
Wholly-owned by the Group, the distribution network ensures a commercial presence that is closer to the markets and to consumer needs, allowing the global strategy defined by the Brand Companies to be tailored to local realities.
4. a corporate culture recognised as a competitive advantage : 18 000 strongly committed "entrepreneurs"
In a decentralised organisation, it is the corporate culture that binds everyone together. This corporate culture is experienced as a real competitive asset, expressed in a convivial, simple and direct attitude. The 18,000 employees of the group share in it every day, maintain it in their relationships with each other, and in their relations with the consumers of each brand. This Pernod Ricard spirit is conveyed by the tagline “Créateurs de Convivialité”.
- an entrepreneurial spirit
- mutual trust
- a strong sense of ethics
5. A HISTORICAL COMMITMENT TO ETHICS of which every employee is an ambassador
There is no leadership without a deep sense of responsibility. This approach is historically rooted in the Group’s history and encoded in its DNA. The best evidence is its commitment to society, unchanged from its beginning nearly 50 years ago.
- Empower our employees
- Promote responsible drinking
- Protect our planet
- Develop our communities and engage our partners