United Kingdom: the Responsible Drinking Guidelines Manual
In April 2009, Pernod Ricard UK published the Responsible Drinking Guidelines Manual. The document sets out rules for responsible drinking and also includes the Pernod Ricard UK Marketing Code, adapted from the Pernod Ricard Code and the European Forum for Responsible Drinking (EFRD) Code.
A tool to help employees to lead by example
This document aims to provide each employee with the communication tools necessary for promoting responsible drinking habits. The goal: assist employees in their role as responsible drinking ambassadors and help them to best inform the public of the risks related to improper alcohol consumption.
The Responsible Drinking Guidelines Manual is one of the ways in which Pernod Ricard UK responds to the challenge of responsible drinking. The subsidiary also finances partner associations, such as:
- The Portman Group, which brings together industry players in order to encourage responsible product promotion practices,
- The Drinkaware Trust, which leads prevention and informational campaigns at points of sale.
Clear, comprehensive information for employees
The Responsible Drinking Guidelines Manual presents in detail the subsidiary’s policies regarding:
- commercial communications (sponsoring, advertising...),
- alcohol consumption at internal and external events organised by the subsidiary,
- alcohol consumption by employees in and outside of the workplace.
The document also gives employees the information they need to explain intelligently the risks related to improper alcohol consumption.